Eyes are a precious gift of nature and without them, the world could be completely dark. The second Thursday of October is observed all over the world including Pakistan to address eyes related diseases. The purpose of writing this article is to raise awareness about various eye diseases, including eye vision impairment and blindness, etc.
There are several eye diseases that can cause dangerous changes in our vision and we need to take immediate medical steps to avoid risk factors. Experts say that 80% of eye diseases can be prevented easily. According to the World Health Organization, 18 million people worldwide are moving towards blindness due to a lack of timely diagnosis, which will reach up to 36 million by 2020.
Eye Diseases-Reasons and Safety Measures
Of these, only 66% of people in Pakistan suffer from cataracts, 6% black water, and 12% vision loss. These diseases gradually lead to blindness.
Experts say that digital goods such as computers and mobile phones are proving to be the biggest threat to our vision in the current era. According to them the blaze of modern technology is extremely damaging to the health of our eyes, yet we are spending a lot of time with these things.
Research says that the blue screen of the mobile phone especially causes various eye diseases such as blurring of eyes, dry eyes, neck and back pain, and headaches.
Spending more time with these screens is not only detrimental to the eyes but it also gradually reduces mental performance. Also, it is negatively affecting your sleep. You lose a calm sleep at night and your eyes open repeatedly while you sleep.
Helpful Exercises for Vision Improvement
Improving vision is essential for caring for them, exercising them, and eating beneficial foods. Here are some of the exercises you are going to do.
- Looking at different directions is a great exercise for improving vision.
- First, roll the eyeball up and down. Look up and down 5 times and repeat this process 3 times.
- After that, move the eyelids to the right and left and also look 5 times to the right and 5 times to the left and repeat this process 3 times.
- In another exercise, you can make the eyes skew and look in the middle instead of looking to the right and up, and then lower the eyelid to the left. Repeat this as described above.
- Eye massage is also a great exercise. Improving the look can be accomplished by massaging your eyes with the palms of your eyes. This will improve blood circulation in the eyes and around the eyes.
Tips for Eyes Massage
Do the massage in the following way:
- Before going to bed at night and getting up in the morning, massage the inside edges of the eyes. Press these places for one to two minutes.
- Soak one towel in warm water and the other in cold water. Place a warm towel on the face so that the eyes are slightly covered. After 2 to 3 minutes remove the hot towel and keep the cold towel for 3 minutes.
- Soak the towel in warm water, apply it on the eyes, forehead, cheeks and face and close your eyes and massage the forehead and eyes.
- Wash your hands with soap, close your eyes and massage the eyebrows for one to two minutes with the help of your fingers. Also, put a slight strain on the eyes. This way the blood will improve during the eyes.